View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:23 PM   #107
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Re: The Great Critter Revival ‘09

Hopefully some of y'all LSX gurus will jump in on this...I have a lead on a 4L70e just down the road from me for a reasonable price. It is pulled out of a wrecked Vortec Max with about 20,000 miles so other than a rear shaft swap, I don't think I would have to put a bunch of new parts in it. My understanding is that a 4L70e is just one step higher in the 4L60e/4L65e progression but I'm no expert. I know the case is virtually identical, but are there any additional sensors etc that would give me grief? As far as I can tell they simply have even beefier components compared to the 60 and 65 so in my book it is a no brainer to go with the 70 keeping in mind the last couple of pages on this thread. Can anybody give me a reason otherwise??? Thealien, Wasted Income y'all feel free to jump in with your opinions on this one.

Also, my shop is in the progress of being enclosed, the roof is on and the sides are going up...only time will tell how good of a carpenter I am!

Check it out www.lsdyno.com

Last edited by Critter; 05-02-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote