View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:45 AM   #118
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Re: The Great Critter Revival ‘09

There has been a development. The last major decision to make for this thing is the transmission. Months ago I decided to use a 4L65e as you can see in the previous posts. A few weeks ago I thought maybe I would just deal with the extra length and go with a 4L80e due to the extra strength and the fact that my computer was already set up for an 80e. Well just in the last few days I was going on and on about how much I liked NV4500s in trucks and how standard transmissions are my favorite and blah, blah, blah and my wife and Jtrux at about the same time said, "Why don't you put one in your blazer". Up until that point I had honestly never really considered it beings mine came with an auto along with a factory tilt column, I always just planned on keeping it an auto. However, I want to build this thing EXACTLY how I want it and NEVER sell it, so maybe I should convert it. It makes sense as far as overall drive train length is concerned, it will be a little simpler when it comes to the computer harness, I LOVE NV4500s, and I was trying to incorporate a trans temp gauge into my cluster if I had an auto so now I wouldn't need that.

On the flip side, I will need to gather an LSX bell housing and transmission, a clutch pedal assembly, an hydraulic clutch setup not to mention convert my tilt to a non-auto. The Advanced adapter kit to mate any of the three transmissions to my np205 is about the same price so that issue is a wash.

I'm kind of just talking out loud, aka brainstorming so if someone feels like offering their opinion on any of this please speak up.

Check it out www.lsdyno.com
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote