View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 01:44 AM   #2
izzy_Britton

Re: Project: Delongdium - The Plastic Clad 03 Avalanch

So once I got the machine towed home, i finally got a chance to a assess the damage.

I was able to start taking the damaged parts off of the truck and suddenly:

There was not a whole lot left of the front end of the truck. The list of parts necessary to put it all back together was starting to get longer and longer than the list i thought i had compiled in my head.

Radiator support
Radiator
AC condensor
Right fender
Hood
Wiper Cowl vent cover
Right fender splash liner
Air cleaner box
Air intake tube
Grille mounting panel (behind grill and headlights)
Grille
Both Headlights
Both turn signal/marker lights
Left Fog/Driving light
Front Bumper cover
Bumper reinforcement bar (behind bumper cover)
Radiator overflow bottle
Right side door mirror
Dash Top (The hard plastic cover that IS the top of the dash board)
Anteanna
Transmission cooler (the one in front of the radiator)
Transmission cooler lines (the hard lines from the transmission to the radiator and cooler)
The master driver side door switch (windows and locks, he/she smashed it during wreck, which also broke the...)
Driver side interior door panel
Power steering cooler (got a little twisted up but is otherwise intact)
Misc cut/sliced/pinched wires for the front lamps
Upper fan shroud
Tires (the wheels and tires in the photo are a spare set i purchased for my wifes truck - still under construction)

So far this is the list of parts that I will need. I am sure that there will be other parts that i find as i go about rebuilding this thing. There is also a growing list of parts that just need to be replaced due to the age and maintenance of the truck. some of those items are:

Back window (the encapsulated seal is broken causing a leak)

AC compressor - the belt was not installed leading me to believe there is an issue, the thing is rusted but spins, and i wont know if it will need to be replaced until i get everything else put back together and the AC system recharged, so why not just replace it now?

Driver Seat - the truck has grey leather interior with a funky diamond plate pattern wear patch in the seats. The driver seat is worn as they all seem to do, but locating a good non-worn matching seat will be next to impossible, so I brought home a complete set of 80% cloth seats with matching wear patches. The only problem is that i bought the seats from a crew cab truck. The difference at a glance is that the seats LOOK the same shape and configuration but that the mounting hardware is all different. The added conundrum of the rear seats folding all the way flush to the floor is that the avalanche seats have a hard plastic seat back where as the truck seats only have cloth. I think i can get all the hardware to change over but i simply haven't looked at them close enough to know for sure.
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote