View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #14
tonypaul

Re: 700r4 Overheating

Very well could be the lower hose... Just think about whats happening here... At normal speeds your truck will over heat, if you increase the engine revs- thus increasing the water flow speed through the radiator it cools down. Some things I would double check-

No air pockets. Once the truck overheats once a air pocket can stay there. Jack your truck up from the front as high as you can and fill the radiator slowly. take off the upper hose at the water neck and remove the thermostat and wait for it to fill. Look for bubbles at the top of the intake where the thermostat goes. Once its full squeeze the bottom hose and watch for bubbles.

Correct pulley sizes- too small of waterpump pulley or larger crank shaft relationship can cause over heating.

Thermostat- even though it may be new, it can be faulty. put it in a small pan of water on the stove and turn the heat on, watch to see it open, turn off the heat and watch it close.... Make sure its opening all the way!!

If that dont work drop it off at my house with the title and keys and I will take it!!!!!
tonypaul is offline   Reply With Quote