View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 03:54 PM   #1446
Root2812

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Hi Root, I haven't test fit the starter yet, though if your heat shield hits the manifold mine probably will too. The engine is centered and I moved my column about 1 1/2" to the left.

If my dipstick tube contacts, I'll try bending and forming for clearance or find one that does clear. Darn...well at least the used F body pan works.
I only mocked up the manifolds with 2 bolts each to see if they would fit. I need to pull my engine again anyway so now I know where to clearance the frame. I popped the heat shield off the starter so I can at least use this one for the initial start up but I am guessing I may find the heat to damage the starter in the long run so I'll be pricing those mini starters.

I plan to leave my steering in the stock location so I may have to modify the frame a bit if I can't move the engine to perfect center.

I am going to try and bend the dipstick tube too but maybe a fancy lokar one would be better. I don't have a dipstick for my 4l60e at all so if I go lokar atleast they will match. It just barely touches so a slight bend should do it if you aren't running a fuel rail cover with the set opening for the dipstick. You must have used the f-body pan too? It worked really well with my Mustang II IFS.

Did your manifold come with gaskets? I didn't see any in my box.