View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #113
tylordurben

Re: 1950 GMC Project...

yeah the steering is sorta complex but i got the hang of it now.

i havent forgotten about this build... it was just one thing after another. school, then a week off in NC and lastly a tropical storm / hurricane. well now only the "feeder bands" are left so that gives me a chance to make headway on the truck. here is whats new...

got the alternator, other one was shot. this one is 90+ amps. painted it black and the bracket along with some chrome brackets to tie in with a few other things.

got the breather tube in, that was actually quite a mission but its in. also chrome.

got a bunch of button head allen bolts to plug all the nasty left over holes on the face of the motor. think it looks better than a rusty hole. still got a few other places i want to use these on.

hooked up the accelorator pedal and trans kick down. i think it came out quite nice. trimmed the throttle cable down and carefully drilled it through the firewall. again chrome bracket at the carb to support the cables. inside i used a ford mustang "see-saw", this let me use the stock pedal that was a pusher, now it pulls the cable up top. that worked out quite nice. still gotta paint the see-saw and replace the hardware for button heads.

ran the fuel line and filter from the tank to the pump. just gotta find the 1 fitting to run from the pump to the pressure gauge. think ill run that line along the oil pan bolts to not clutter the top of the motor.

dropped the wood floor back in the bead. had to rotate it 180 cause the lower brace was hitting the air tank. sorry forgot to take pics of that. but this weekend or tomorrow ill be working out the front and rear supports so ill snap some pics.

also got the battery, optima red top, it fit in the battery box amazingly. wired that up to the starter and ground.

wow, seems like a lot, but it looks the same. haha, thats just the way it goes. its all the little things that take the most time i guess.

well some pics...

the button heads:

the throttle cable:

the pedal see-saw (still got lots of "cleaning" to do in here):

the fender wheels:

shot of the alternator:

well, thats my update for today.

thanks,
Yaril
tylordurben is offline   Reply With Quote