View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #594
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

In my last post, I showed my bonehead mistake with the ball joint. I got the 2nd ball joint and made the same bonehead mistake again - I tried to install it with the rubber boot on instead of removing it.

2 ball joints later, I realize something even worse. I figured I would install the ball joint and then just use the boot from the next one. Then I realized that the install and removal went WAY too easy. Then I realized I can install and remove the ball joint by hand.

Just to make sure I was using the right part, I went to Autozone and got two different brands of ball joints. Yep. I need another control arm. Going to return the 2nd (or 4th if you are counting) ball joint to Autozone today (returned the 3rd yesterday).

I have a couple of requests out for a used control arm. CPP does sell a pair of stock arms new, which I may get and see if I can sell the 2nd one. As much as I would love to put 2 new control arms on the truck, the other one is installed, torqued, and greased. I am NOT taking it off.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote