View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 08:21 PM   #21
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Street Rodders Forever Car Show - Just A Few Pix...of Trucks...Mostly Like Mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
.... remember, you do not want to pick a color from a computer screen, or any photo for that matter....
Yeah, I know you're totally right about this.

I'm about 80-90% certain I want a dark red. A buddy of mine is a printer and pretty knowledgeable about colors/color names. He says what I'm wanting is a Cardinal red. Interestingly, 1957 Chevy cars and trucks had a color named Cardinal red, I don't know if it was available on the '55.2's like mine but at least it's "era-correct." It's just that the color I've chosen is a base coat/clear coat like many modern colors and so they tend to "pop" more. Don't know how else to describe it.

Here's a couple photos of a newer Nissan 370Z. There was one right next to my cab in the shop a week ago and I loved it. It was a bit dusty too and still looked great.

In the 3rd photo it's a lower light condition and still looks very rich. I'm liking that. Opinions appreciated!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote