View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #15
cetacean6

Location: I live in Honolulu but my truck is being restored by 4-5-6 Trucks in Kansas City
Re: Crewsin in my 63 GMC Crew Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop View Post
figure out the direction of your build first, full resto 4X4? 1 ton 2wd flat bed? 1/2 ton 2wd ?
that will help in your choice for donar trucks.
I definately want to go full restoration 4X4 with some added safety features like the assited brakes and power steering. I haven't done my homework on the dually and don't know the wheelbase length on it, or even if I'd be able to make it into a 4x4. If it's too short and/or won't work as an easy swap I won't be using it.
You've given me something to think about. I was going to take everything off the dually one at a time and do a swap, but if it's in significantly better shape, a full frontal transplant may be a better solution. If I did that, I think the only thing I'd have left to worry about would be the floor in the rear of the cab. I'm not sure if regular patch panels will fit there.
Although I'm sad I have to chop up a great looking 1-ton dually, this may be the best $300 I've spent on a restoration!
cetacean6 is offline   Reply With Quote