View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #13
C10 - C90 Bill

Re: Pre-Bent OM Brake Lines ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBox View Post
Just wondering why you are changing only one line. Is it damaged, or is it rusty? If it's rusty, might be worthwhile to change them all, just to be on the safe side.
I had to change front Brake Hoses and Rear Wheel Cylinders. In other words I had to crack open all 4 lines. They all broke loose fine but not the L/R. It just would not co-operate and twisted off. I believe it may have been half twisted anyway as someone did a horrible brake job on it just before I bought the truck back in 2000. I had to half do it all over again back then, lol.

By the way, if anyone is counting, that's right, I haven't done any brake work on it in 16 years, lol. I've kept the miles down on it and it's also the way I drive. When I see a Red Light ahead I start backing down right away. I also downshift quite a bit.

Funny as lots of times the guy in the lane next to me races by, then hits his brakes hard to stop. I'm backing down as mentioned and by the time I get there the light is now Green and I zoom by him leaving him in the dust, lol.

BTW, I also changed the Front Pads, but the Rear Shoes are still good.

Last edited by C10 - C90 Bill; 01-13-2017 at 11:14 AM.
C10 - C90 Bill is offline   Reply With Quote