View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 07:53 AM   #1
BlouDon

500 Mile trip in my Apache '59

Please forgive me for being somewhat "premature" but end of Nov, I will be doing a 500 mile trip in my '59 Apache.

I really am looking forward to this event !! I've gone and bought modern Ford Ranger steelies with well used (barely, but still legal) tyres, purely for the open road driving from Pretoria to Nelspruit and back. One of the rims is badly bent and it vibrates no matter how much balancing weights they throw at it. Original steelies are going with for the photos.

A friend of mine is getting married and asked if I would bring the car down for him as they want to use it for wedding pics. I'll post whatever I can grab. There will be 8 bridesmaids. At some point I envisage all 8 of them on the back. THAT should be close to its max load capacity!!! :-)

I will also be removing the external sun screen for the trip (but taking it with for the pics). With it I can cruise 100Km/h (64mph) with the accompanying tornado sounds, so I recon without it, I might even be able to cruise at the legal limit 120km/h (75mph). (She now has a 3.15 rear axle).

Should be FUN!!
Attached Images

Chev: '70 C10 (350 V8 / 700R4 ) & '59 Apache ( 235, 3-sp )
Jensen Interceptor '74: Mopar 440(EFI'ed) / 4L60e
Jaguar: '72 E-type Coupe V12 & '74 E-type V12 Convertible & '80 XJS V12
BlouDon is offline   Reply With Quote