View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #29
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: Post your best budget mods! ($50 or less)

Did my entire engine bay for about $30.00.Just cleaning and paint.Even painted the new inner fenders(outside of the budget deal) with the same paint.

Did my steering wheel with a $5.00 syringe of Epoxy and some brake cleaner and paint.The leather steering wheel wrap brought it in at about $30.00

Did the interior for about $30.00 in supplies.I did have to get a bit spendier on the dash pad.Seats set me back another $50.00 and the bracket steel was liberated from other junk.

Drip rail seam sealer.

Pulled 68 door panels and padded them with thin packing foam and made liners of rubberized cloth(Liberated from the workplace).

I think I paid $17xx for the sway bar at Pull-a-Part,with brackets and the rubbers are useable.I haven't installed yet but think paint and bolts and I can do it for about $25.Another $8.00 or so for new rubber if I decide to.

I's pooor so I does cheap stuff when I can but each of these was an improvement over what it was.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"