View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 01:13 PM   #24
chris989

Re: How do I kill this automatic function?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselSJ View Post
I have the same issue occasionally with my R30. Plus keep getting a EGR code and been chasing that with new parts. Just bought an ALDL cable. I'm done going at this blindly. Ordered it from here - http://www.aldlcable.com/

Benny,

Listen to the wisdom of Dieselsj, You will spend nothing but money and time throwing darts at it.

If you want to stop all IAC functions do as edahall suggested or set the IAC to zero this way.

1) With the IAC valve connected, ground the diagnostic (ALDL) terminal (same as you would do to flash trouble codes thru the check engine light).

2) Turn ON the ignition, but do NOT start the engine. Wait at least 30 seconds. The IAC will go to zero.

3) With the ignition still on, disconnect the IAC electrical connector. This will leave the IAC at zero and with no connection it will remain there.

4) Remove grounding of the diagnostic (ALDL) connector and start the engine.

5) Adjust the idle stop screw on the TBI.

If your IAC is working right it is nice to have. It adds counts for power steering, ac engaged, cold starts, when in gear.

I can't urge you enough to take advantage of the free (donation) software. There is most likely more going on than you will know and a little more MPG will pay for the cable.

good luck.
chris989 is offline   Reply With Quote