View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
69 C10 LWB

The 65 C30 Farm Truck

I just got this truck a few weeks ago and I figured it was time to start documenting the work. It has been sitting for quite a few years and the engine is locked up. I had a 73 GMC and the body was shot on it but it had been in the family since new (10 years before I was). I hated to get rid of the truck but it was too far gone to save. I stripped it down and sold as many parts as I could to fund this project and then saved the engine just in case. The 230 in this truck refuses to turn so the GMC will live on. The first 2 pictures show the truck that started my love for this body style, my 64 C20 and the organ donor, the family 73 GMC 2500.

About this truck-
It is a 1965 C30 with a 230 and a 4spd. The truck has very few options. It has the Thrift Air heater and 2 cab marker lights. The cable for the heater is free and the truck only has 75,000 miles on it. Unfortunately someone removed the SPID decal from the glove box so I am going to contact GM and see if they can tell me anything off the VIN. It has an AM radio in it now from JC Penny, yes you read that right, I didnt mean JC Whitney, I said JC Penny. Thankfully when I opened the glovebox the first time the radio block off plate was in there. The 230 also has JC Penny spark plugs in it, I never knew you could buy auto parts from them. The floors have a little rust but no holes bigger than 1/2", It needs lower fenders fixed and rear cab corners but for an old farm truck its in good shape. It has a Midwest bed on it with fold up sides so you can haul livestock and there is a stack of Bill Of Lading tickets in the glovebox with boxes to check for sheep, goats or cows. The crossmembers for the bed are rotted out but that should be a lot easier to fix than regular body work.
Attached Images

69 C10 LWB is offline   Reply With Quote