View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 04:36 PM   #10
69 C10 LWB

Re: The 65 C30 Farm Truck

Worked on the truck this morning. Today has been the best day so far. I started by raising the engine a little and removing the driver side engine mount bracket. I wasn't in the mood to keep searching for manifolds so I was determined to make the headers work. I cut out the part of the mount that was hitting the number 1 pipe and then used some scrap steel to bridge the gap. Since this was a farm truck it only seemed appropriate to use tractor parts. The scrap piece I found at work was a tooth off a trencher. I cut out the part of the tooth I needed and then welded it to the motor mount. Then I ground it down and painted it with the only paint I had laying around. Jacking the engine up also gave me a chance to get the cross shaft for the clutch linkage put in and all the linkage freed up and reinstalled. Once I had everything bolted in and nothing was hitting I started on wiring. This truck is definitely gonna need some wiring help. The wiring to the coil is really stiff and cracked in a few spots and obviously I need to shorten a few wires and convert to the later model internally regulated alternator. First step is going to be new battery cables since the truck currently has side post battery cables and they are in rough shape. I did hook a jump pack to the cables long enough to fire it up and shockingly the first thing I noticed was the radio was on and working!

The engine fired up pretty easy the first time I turned the key.

Still needs work to be drivable but getting much closer. Working on finding a radiator and I need to plug a couple vacuum leaks (note the big hose going from front to back of the carb). Also need to check the fuel tank and get a line run to the engine.
Attached Images

Last edited by 69 C10 LWB; 08-18-2018 at 05:09 PM.
69 C10 LWB is offline   Reply With Quote