View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 11:51 PM   #76
Root2812

Re: Pre-LS swap questions

So I have some minor updates and a few questions I hope you guys can help me with. I still haven't fired up my 5.3 but I decided to just do a rebuild on it anyway. It has 180,000 miles and I hate leaks so I was going to change all the gaskets and seals but since I am in there I might as well do bearings and rings. Then since its all apart I might as well send it to the machine shop for a quick hone and hot tank. Its amazing how things snowball on you. Aside from that I'm just about finished with the chassis and the engine and tranny are mounted. I also got a S&P MAF/air filter from a ls1tech board member for $220 that was never used and is the chrome one so I am happy about that. He said he spent $600 on it. I had only looked at the non-chrome one and that would have been over $300 so I got a good deal.

If you remember back a while, I had gotten an LS6 intake that came broken but was replaced so I had the broken one for free. I decided to try and fix it. I know the Nylon66 is a bastard and is nearly impossible to bond to with anything so I contacted a company that specializes in plastics and plastics epoxy. They had an epoxy made for thermoplastics (Nylon 66 is one) so I paid $30 for a tube to try. That stuff is stronger than I had ever imagined and it looks like it worked. I'll give you guys a more detailed write up after I test it out. Hell, if I can fix it for $30 and sell the other one I come out a head.

I'm also starting on my harness and I got in contact with Branden at LT1swap.com for my PCM flash.

So here are my questions. Since I am swapping the LS6 intake on to a 5.3 should I use the MAP that came from the truck or from the car intake? I have both, one is the black label and the other is blue.

Anyone know a good source for the injector pigtails for the LS6 injectors? Those are EV1 right? and the truck is EV6? or is it the other way around?

thanks