View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 11:32 PM   #1
mr48chev

Concours de Maryhill 2017 edition

Concours de Maryhill = rather fancy name for a very laid back open car show in one of the most beautiful spots you can find. This is on the lawn of the Maryhill Museum perched above the Columbia River at the east end of the Columbia Gorge.
Jean and I mark this as one of our favorite events because it is a low pressure event in a nifty place and to get there we have to pass a Monastery where the nuns serve up some of the best coffee on earth and then stop at a restaurant that puts out a killer breakfast for a reasonable price. The other good thing even though we don't have a car to enter is that for those that do there really isn't that big of a rush to be there waiting when the gates open to get that really great spot.

Hogfarm sent me a pm earlier in the week asking if I was going an yuppers I was going. Told him I would be wearing my shirt with the AD truck outline on the back and I would see him there. Thought I was going to meet up with this big biker dude who also owned a truck but he is one really nice guy who has one unbelievable truck and also works on bikes.

Home internet is beyond ridiculously slow and my laptop is acting up so I'll have to wait until I get to work tomorrow to post photos .

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote