View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #6
1972C30

Re: Frame Upgrade 1972 2WD C20 to C30

Hi - I have an old restored Jayco 11.5ft camper that is really heavy when loaded with camping stuff. It is not like these new campers. I also have my boat that I took regularly when the truck was operational. The 1 ton idea only came about because I was not happy with the stability - Even with new HD 3/4 ton springs and overloads it was not great. My friend moved my camper with a newer SRW Ford F350 and the camper was really heavy on his rig.

My rebuilt rear end is a Dana 70 and the front coils and leaf springs are also HD 1 ton springs. In regards to my comment about the (inner wheels) fitting perfectly in the wheel openings. The outer wheels are definitely outside the bed.

Was your 1 ton frame just a standard 133" non-Longhorn C30? Basically a true DRW style frame that utilized some kind of flat bed. I could certainly locate a 133" non-Longhorn C30 frame and cut the frame ends to re-utilize my original LWB C20 bed. That would be preferable since my bed is in decent shape.

I just need to make sure what 133" C30 frame I should be considering. BTW - Did you take any pictures of the frame you utilized when setting up your truck?

Thanks Again. I really appreciate feed back.
1972C30 is offline   Reply With Quote