View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #10
FAKKY

Re: LS Standalone DIY harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
That's a Gen3 engine from an early '07, so just use the diagrams on Lt1swap.com for a 2003-2007, they're the same. As for the A/C, probably not going to be able to run it through the PCM since starting in '03 they went to a serial data controlled A/C request rather than the older 12v request. There are ways around it to an extent, but usually easier to just run the A/C separately.
Not the same LS1NOVA/one guys garage over at ls1tech ?

Anyway - thanks.
here's what I dont get (mostly).

1)
How do you know that every wire in the 2003 harness is the same as a early 07. meaning for example
Maybe its says de-pin wire 96 for and O2 sensor. But in 07 its actually something else thats critical for trans - how would you know ?
All im going to end up doing is basically blindly following that link for depin

2) AC - had read that somewhere - good to know for sure.
I dont really get AC in terms of its basic functionality using the compressor/evaporator and hiugh/low pressure of gases etc.

So in terms of wiring it up as a seperate standlone system - what do I need to know/understand and think about. IS there a good build thread out there that sort of shows/explains it ?

I havent decided on a AC system yet.
Its likely to be a vintage air. But was waiting till I decided if the low mount AC will fit or not and what brackets I need to do the relocation etc.

Sorry guys - EVERYTHING on this build is new to me.
First time on everything.

Appreciated.