View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #11
kipps

Re: LS Standalone DIY harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAKKY View Post
How do you know that every wire in the 2003 harness is the same as a early 07? meaning for example, maybe its says de-pin wire 96 for and O2 sensor. But in 07 its actually something else thats critical for trans - how would you know ?
All im going to end up doing is basically blindly following that link for depin
If your harness is completely unwrapped, it should be simple enough to confirm that the wire actually goes where the de-pin list says it goes. If not unwrapping the harness, I'd use a multi-meter to check conductivity on that wire-- to make sure that pin actually connects to a rear o2 sensor, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAKKY View Post
So in terms of wiring it up as a separate standalone system - what do I need to know/understand and think about. IS there a good build thread out there that sort of shows/explains it?
I've wished for the same thing. Sure there are youtube videos, but for the moment I'm online with the speed equivalent of dial-up, so videos are out. I'd like to see a build thread with pics and recommended tools for re-pinning harnesses.

Also, I'd like to see a thread describing how to de-pin and re-pin the various stock connectors on these trucks, such as steering column connector, dash, lamp holders, etc.
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote