View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 11:00 PM   #23
MARTINSR

Re: Two Tone BC/CC methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72HuggerK20 View Post
This has gotten me to thinking a little bit, and I could use your input on this Brian. So most companies say that if you go over the topcoat time window of the basecoat (24 hours or whatever it is), you should scuff, re-basecoat, and then clear. Assuming that you aren't messing with metallics or tricoats, would it be out of line to assume that you can scuff the basecoat, spray the entire area with the recommended basecoat blender for whatever system you are using, and then clear the blender? Or could you even do a little pre-planning and shoot ~2 coats of blender over your wet basecoat to give you something to scuff later without actually scuffing the basecoat? And then go ahead and clear? Or could you even skip the step and just scuff the basecoat and clear it? Not trying to be a bench chemist, just trying to figure out a good way to do two-tone.
Yep you really need to follow the manufacturers guidelines! I use to shoot SW (I was a paint rep for them, the Martin Senour label) and the recoat window was 7 days! Love that stuff!

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote