Thread: New body mounts
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 05:09 PM   #5
pwdcougar

Re: New body mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbnasty View Post
I have recently purchased and Installed the body mount kit.

I had some trouble with missing/ wrong hardware. I contacted the manufacturer, and they were very knowledgeable and helpful. The only issue I had was I was unable to order directly from them and the place I originally ordered through was not very helpful and had me just contact the manufacturer, who I could not buy directly through.

The other Issue I had was that the kit does not come with rear mounts, its not that they were forgotten they simply do not come with the rear mounts.
I used measurement from some of the center mounts and got individual part numbers from the manufacturer (again very very helpful) and ordered them to act as rear mounts. I have not yet installed the rear mounts but plan to soon. If they work I will post what mix of bushings and bolts I used.

The only thing I can recommend is ordering the kit from a store that you can directly return the parts to if they are not working. I spent along time having to research individual parts numbers to make my kit work. I think this could all have been avoided if I could have returned the parts to a physical location.

I attempted to return the parts to the outfit I purchased through so that I could just exchange for another kit that was complete so I didn't have to lay out each individual part in order to see what was correct, what was missing, or what parts simply did not belong.

With the exception of the rear mounts and the mismatched parts, once I got the correct stuff, it all worked great, and i highly recommend the kit itself.

If you have anymore questions let I plan on installing the rear this weekend or next and would be happy to help.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I was going to order the set through Amazon as they seem to have the best price. Let me know how the rear mounts work out. I'd like to get the part numbers if they work!

Paul
1970 4WD Chevrolet Suburban
1997 4WD Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Short Bed (purchased new January 1997)
pwdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote