View Single Post
Old 04-24-2023, 08:31 PM   #8
73kay

Re: 53 3100 w/ Dakota Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAULIN' IT View Post
Not the biggest Dodge fan, but to be honest, Im surprised more builds (not Chevy trucks, just in general) have not used the Dakota front. It has allot of things going for it...including the width of a bunch of various vehicles. Lorne
Ya this was my first experience and drifted towards doing something different than the tried and true M2. It also was cheaper per se. In hindsight, I wish I would have just done the kit. I changed my mind later and wanted a 5x4.5 to match the rear/combo tires, but finding used brackets and playing that game hasn't been fun. I ended up keeping the d150 rotors and calling it a day and just getting wheels but hey it's part of the pursuit.

Got my 235 reassembled and dropped in the truck. Front tires rubbed a tad, so probably going to go a little narrower up front, 205/70/15 vs the 225/70/15.

Really hoping the rear seal (Best gasket) holds up well. I think I am still on track for a June cruise up to Michigan.

Key tasks:

1. connect all engine components
2. run the engine/break in + mount camaro gas tank
3. body mockups and figure out steering a bit better (not happy with the mounting situation in the column
4. drop in tranny and driveshaft
5. interior necessities, windows rolling up/down, doors etc
Attached Images

1953 3100 292 T5
1985 K5 Blazer 350 700R4 208
73kay is offline   Reply With Quote