View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 10:54 PM   #137
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Great work on the notch! So, you didn't get into the floor at all, just the rear wall and support?
Thanks Chris!

So not needing to gut the floor is another advantage of No Limit. The way Rob designed the chassis he set it up so the engine mounts very similar to the stock height on the standard rail front. On some other aftermarket setups, they raise the engine up to 1.5" higher, which means the trans tailshaft needs to go up the same amount. Then those setups are designed to lay frame so the driveshaft winds up going up towards the rear axle. The No Limit frames aren't really designed to lay frame, so that's the other part of the equation. So yeah, I didn't need to cut into the floor at all. Rob tries to minimize the amount of body fab a guy needs to do in order to get the truck up and going again. In reality, I only needed to notch the cab and inner fenders and raise the bed floor since I have the raised rear rail. All the other fab work I did is because I changed a bunch of stuff.

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote