View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 12:20 PM   #67
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

This is how the AC condenser is mounted in the later style squares...

In front of the radiator but on the back side of the support, with some nifty little mount brackets.

I cut a hole for the tube ends to go through and notched a section of the support to allow the condenser to sit tight to the support.

You can see one of the mounts sitting there. I'm going to make some kind of bracket piece for the lower mounts, then I just need to drill a hole for the bolts that hold the upper mounts in place.

Shop cat...

That's Wallace. Wallace is a girl. We know that because she had a litter of kittens just before we bought this place (she came with the house). I don't think the person that named her knew it was a girl cat. We don't really care and I doubt Wallace has a problem with it either.

The later squares had this air intake mounted to the radiator support.

There was actually a knock out plate in that spot on my 79, so I knocked it out. I just needed to round the hole out a bit with a die grinder on one side to make it fit (was oval) and cut a slot below it for the lower mound tab.

As for the AC hoses, the lower one from the condenser to the evaporator I got at the junkyard seems to fit ok. I have a couple options for the other set. One is to have a shop make a hose for me that fits my set up. Two is to get lucky at the junkyard and find the right combination of hose style/length/tube ends that works. Three is doing a little plumbing work using the metal tube end pieces and get the right fitting on the hose that should fit. I'll try option 3 and if that doesn't work go back to option 2 or 3.

It's supposed to warm up the next few days. Less propane will get burned to keep me comfortable. World of Wheels car show in Minneapolis tomorrow. Hopefully I'll find some cool inspiring cars and ideas there.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote