View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
Grizz1963

Re: New Guy - Grizz1963 signing in from Rochester, KENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
Welcome, Grizz!

You'll have a blast on this site. Great people, beautiful trucks, LOTS of excellent tech info, and everybody gets along without the silly bickering you see on a lot of car websites.

We're all truck geeks here, and we make a special effort to help each other out, whether it's advise, technical info, or parts. We're all in this together.

You've got some really nice vehicles, and whenever you get your 60-66, I know it'll be a knockout.
Thank you all very much !!

I have already gotten the feeling that this site does not have the usual pissing contest, or very narrow interest culture of some sites.

I always see any newby as a potential champion of the future, some guys are just destined to build great trucks and cars, others less so.

I love my forums, and learn a lot from them, and also try to give back as much as possible, so often the threads I run are detailed with too many or at least a lot of photos so that others can learn and take the short cuts first time around, rather than waste time and possibly lose their MOJO.

Here is a thread I did on rebuilding my kitchen in October.

LINK: http://retrorides.proboards.com/inde...&thread=138058

And of course my "GRIZZ-POD" build thread. Possibly one of my favourite builds ever.

LINK: http://retrorides.proboards.com/inde...d=67389&page=1

We know very little other than that we want one and will be getting one, especially now the "End of the world" has come and gone like most such dates till now.

What I can offer is a couple of bad photos of a truck I am investigating at the moment.

Colour/color is presumably Crocus Cream with a white roof.

Going by this paint chart.

All of this is still in very early phase of investigation.

I do not even know if the truck is for sale yet.

Hope to find out in the next two weeks.

It has a 350/700R4 combo, airbags, and the front has a 5 stud disc brake clip, rear runs a 6 stud hub, so far from perfect, but I am excited at this point.

Now we obviously need to learn as much as possible about these trucks and any potential pitfalls before committing a load of money to it.

What is in its favour is that it has a load of stuff done to it which I would not have to do, and more importantly, it is already registered and taxed in England.

Thanks for your help and advice.

We really want to get this one right first time around.

Last edited by Grizz1963; 12-21-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote