View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #21
Grizz1963

Re: New Guy - Grizz1963 signing in from Rochester, KENT

In other news......

I love road signs, especially weird ones.... or ones that are a bit amusing.

I have also been collecting number plates and trade them internationally.

These are usually ones that relate to our hobby of cars and other related tut and "Collectibles".

I keep a thread alive on RetroRides of the stuff I find at council tips etc..... all FREE if you can remove it without getting caught.

LINK: http://retrorides.proboards.com/inde...d=89875&page=1

I remember last year driving down the M25 motorway near Clackett Lane Services , for about two weeks there was a sign reading "END" in the central reservation.... I desperately wanted to stop and pick it up a couple of times, but the traffic used to just speed up there.
It would be perfect to put up at the End of the drive, with a sign at the gate saying "I am at the End" or"Come to the End"

Anyway, I have been watching today's find for some months and today on the way back from the shop we stopped to take some photos to send to our local councilor to show the road that has been flooding lately.

When I wanted to pick this up, Nicola was on the horn....shaking her head and pointing that I should drop it.....

Of course I dropped it... then explained what it was and got it loaded and brought it home. (she does let me get away with murder)

I will let the pics speak further.

As found.

Cleaned it and panel beated it to straigten it out, then mounted it on the side of my woodwork shed..... it will be moved when the garage area is sorted out.... I would like a garage forecourt scene one day.

Fitted.

Last edited by Grizz1963; 12-30-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote