View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 01:44 PM   #24
Cooper197

Re: Cooper's 1966 C-20 "Old Yell'r" - Picture Heavy

Well I got my truck back just over a week ago and left for vacation an hour later.
After really getting a chance to look at it, I couldn't be happier. I gave a buddy of mine, who worked on a few SEMA rigs, $750 to pull the motor from the van, clean it up, redo all the seals and gaskets, replace the clutch and flywheel, paint the 350, and finally drop it in my truck and make the exhaust work. After he finished that, he replaced all four shocks and did a few other suspension related things.
That $750 included parts.
Deal was he also got to keep the van, which had a 700R4 with only 8,500 miles on it, and he kept the 250 from my truck.

I got brave yesterday and decided that even with one hand, I could find a way to do no power steering and a stick shift.
Got that truck out and drove it like I stole it for 120 miles yesterday and I swear I still gave that stupid grin stuck on my face. That $750 was by far the best money I've spent on not only that truck, but any of my vehicles.
This truck has always been fun and always made me smile the whole time I am in it, but this is just a whole different game.

Next step is to give it a little more power and make it do a two wheeled burn out instead of jut spinning one tire!
Cooper197 is offline   Reply With Quote