View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 10:13 PM   #62
1968aj

Re: need primer advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
Omni is PPG's cheaper little brother. I use MP282 [grey] high build that way you can tell when the coverage is good[on the first coat anyway] then when you sand the guide coat [what i use is black] it is just a contrast thing. I normally use black epoxy, but I did find some grey in the paint booth the other day. Dad had picked some grey up by mistake but I'm out of black so I'll use it.
Don't y'all think there is a market for a shop where you can bring your truck to and also learn to work on it at the same time yet have some body with tons of body time in to teach say sanding, grinding, welding, priming, painting and the like? I guess it I could be defined as a teaching shop, y'all know I like to help explain things I guess I should have been a teacher but hated school. Jim
our local junior college does this.its cheaper to pay for the class and use their equipment. they could sure use you here. my son signed up for the class but had n vehicle to work on. the teacher they had did not teach him anything. the class consisted of guys working on their own vehicles while the instructorworked on his own side jobs. I was going to take the course myself but iam learning more here than I would have in his class
1968aj is offline   Reply With Quote