View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #13
t-tung

Re: "Pinché Caliché" '57 StepSide/LSx/CrownVic

Ah yes. You are right. Not sure why I was thinking it was a 6 speed. If I went with it, I'd definitely be running some 3.55's to make use of the granny gear. The equalizer is that I'll be running a 285/50r20 rear tire. It really soaks up some gear. At 70mph, I'd be turning 1952rpms. Even if I left the stock 3.73 gears in it, I'd be turning 2051rpms at 70mph in over-drive. Would be a great cruiser and still get off the line in a hurry. Here's a great gear/speed calculator I found some time ago when I was building my jeep. http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

Did a little work yesterday before dark. Got the bed all cleaned out and ready to go back in with the floor out of a donor bed. Located all of the major components today. Motor, trans (if I want it) & steering column out of a 2002 Tahoe, 8.8 3.73 rear end out of an 01 Exploder and front crossmember out of an 04 Mercury Marauder. He's also go a high milage, 2000 6.0L I'm thinking about taking the cable throttle body and pedal assembly out of. Does anybody know if it's a straight swap? I'd like a cable controlled throttle instead of the later electronic controlled one.
t-tung is offline   Reply With Quote