View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #7
rockasilly

Re: Northern '63 C10 LWB

Redneck6, I didn’t mind using schraeder valves much. It’s a slow fill but the biggest issue I had (after I lowered it more with the notch and spindles) is that I constantly cruised lower than I should based on the road obstacles I came across. In fact, you should have seen my exhaust manifold when I pushed the exhaust pipe through it after one gnarly bump. Make sure you have a pump that you can handle what you are putting it through. You need to trust it.

I love the idea of plaid valve covers but I have never considered it because I have a I6 and am planning on a small block. I should paint them up in a similar style. It would be cool to pay homage to a classic design.

The biggest factor in my build plan is time and money (just like everyone) I will be starting stage rally soon and will be competing as a codriver in the Western Canadian Regional Championship next season. So, my buddy Adam with the rally car has it at my place and we have been working on it getting it ready for next season. The safety gear is going to set me back a couple grand of fun money I was planning on spending on the truck.

The Car:

As far as plans go, I first plan on getting at some rust repair and body work. Then redo some steering swap stuff that I dont like how I did it the first time and add a pancaked crossmember. I have been looking at the MB motoring wheels and love the bolt on caps and painted centers…. And price.

If I order these I will consider a color change to Satin Green.

There are so many things I want to do like:
Fuel cell
Hidden air system
Raised bed floor
Flush mount bed cover built out of alumicore and decoupaged
Interior paint
Carpet
Stereo (because I will be able to hear again)
Engine and tranny swap
Exhaust
Trailing arm crossmember
rockasilly is offline   Reply With Quote