View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #78
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's thread of miscelaneous stuff

They say the only things guaranteed in life is death and taxes. One of my first stops today profits from the first part. Thats a lot of vaults...

A bit later I stopped to eat and this was parked in front of me. It was the second Donk car I had seen today so I figured it needed to represent on my thread.

It's always nice to come across the speed traps before you get on the freeway...

This afternoon I looked up and noticed this formation of airplanes flying by. I barely got this shot. I couldn't get them framed in my viewer until they were almost out of site. And it's a good thing I had my better camera with me to zoom in. WWII planes I believe, but I'm no expert.

So I left the cities, heading west on Hwy 12 cuz I got another stop in Delano, and saw this along the highway. It was worth a look, but not worth the asking price of $16.5k. Yikes!

The tires needed a bit of weight to get them balanced. The next move was to strap on dive weights...

The top was kind of a mess, the hatch was wrapped up in the back seat. No special options. 20 year old wheels. Not the best body and paint, but asking a premium price. Good luck to them. If I get mine all together the way I want it should be worth $20k or more based on this one.

But parked behind it in the lot was this Cougar, and I love me some Cougars.

The vinyl top was scraped off and showing the rust. In this pic you can see the holes even with the flash on...

Without the flash you can see it a little better. Poor car, needs some TLC.

Gotta love the tire on the front. This was probably the spare from many years ago (not original of course). Can't recall ever seeing one like it on the road lately. Looks like a NASCAR tire.

I love the front on these cars. Total and complete coolness...

One last vehicle for the day. This is in Winthrop and looked to be in great shape. Cool grill, would look awesome chromed out.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 09-04-2013 at 09:22 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote