Thread: Big Blue Burb
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #3
BGarza13x

Re: Big Blue Burb

Thanks. I go tomorrow to get a CT scan. I'll know more then.

As for the 'burb, I happened to drive by it back in May in the yard of a mixed use place. Part Mechanic, part used car lot, part older, project car lot. I stopped and took a few pics, but it was weekend and late and I didn't want to get in trouble, so I left, planned to call. I looked on Craigslist and saw the same Big Blue Burb for sale. I started emailing, see what kind of work it needs. I go back to the lot, it's not there anymore, so I finally ask someone who was working. He told me it was not being sold there, it was one of his buddys who was just using some space. He mentioned what neighborhood the guy lives in.

I keep emailing and texting the owner, but scheduling kept interfering, I was busy during the week, he was out of town on 2 weekends, then I was on-call, then family issues... I would drive by his house to see the car, took some photos one afternoon. Knocked on the door, but no one answered.

As life went on, I stopped going by. Then I saw it on Craigslist for a 2nd time, price cut, the guy mentions that he "needs to move it".

When I finally meet up with him again, the barn-style back doors had been swapped for clamshell, it was a little cleaner. He mentioned he still needed to do a few more things, so we negotiated a low price this past Saturday, then met yesterday to get the title transfered.

Here are some photos, "Love at First Sight", then the original craigslist post, then some of those photos listed.
Attached Images

BGarza13x is offline   Reply With Quote