View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 10:14 PM   #27
badherb

Thumbs down Re: long and hopefully good thread

ok guys some detail you will not get from other threads. I've heard all the bashing of after market panels, I can imagine the issues many people have had. what is funny to me no one has explained the issues they had only they suck. well leave it to me to be the one to point out the problems.
*panels purchased and problems:
1. floor drivers side. comes with part front half of rocker and floor across the seam (pic above starting at lower firewall) hole for body mount is positioned well. Floor does not look stock for the 1960. there are two reliefs running perpendicular to truck should only be one. the area that the hump attaches to is turned up and there are no holes for mounting hump and no relief for the tunnel to rest in. the firewall portion runs off to no where particular. The pillar will interfere with mounting.
2. full inner rocker. runs the length of the door jam and has all mounting holes for the pillar in front and the rear. part fits well I had to modify but it works better than the floor. I'm using this and hardly any of the floor pan. you will see in the photos that his panel of all of the is the most time consuming and tedious to install and fit. both pillars will need to be removed to fit the whole part or as I did just cut around them and making sure to not take too much metal out.
3. outer rocker driver side. ugh! doesn't seem to fit inner rocker at all. I have a separation at the front of the rocker and inner rocker that should not be there mind you it is about 1/4 inch but its there and will require a lot of fitting. the front pillar does not accept the outer rocker as an over lap joint as the original is. if I cut out the lower part of the pillar i'm sure this would fit very well but I don't think that is the way its supposed to work but more on that later.
4. corners for lower back cab they seem to fit nice but more on that later when I get there.
Over all if I were to attempt this again I would get the whole floor> take off the cab and flip it then cut out and refit. I did not see the WHOLE picture just my small one. if only a small part of your rockers inner or out are in need of help then by all means get just patch panels. But my rust was more than enough to need what I purchased. good luck pm me if you need explanation on any of this.
Attached Images