View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #33
badherb

Re: long and hopefully good thread

So in my quest to finish a project and learn a bunch of stuff I started tackling a door. This door is the good one and requires a lot less work than the drivers door. The door is off a 1 ton and it had BIG mirrors on it. after removal of the mirrors the scars remained. Holes and dents, I welded these closed and used a dent puller to get better results. I had to drill several 1/8 inch holes to pull out the dents. I hammered and dollied the metal as smooth as I could and laid down a very thin layer of bondo. Now comes in the learning. I'm a construction guy I've learned how to do every trade, not an awesome skilled perfect tradesman but I can do everything and with time I make stuff look pretty damn good. Bondo and dry wall share some very similar craft skills. I just chose a small area to work with and attempt to make that nice and move on. I had several small spots to work on the door and in the end the panel is nice and flat. mind you the art of mixing and laying down the bondo is not fun. I'm much better with dry wall!!!! but the skills relate a lot. and I was able to finish this door with relative ease. The drivers door which is in the previous post will be a lot more entertaining.
Attached Images