View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 08:11 PM   #36
badherb

Re: long and hopefully good thread

So as you can tell my drivers door is at an almost total loss. but I need to figure a way out to get this thing looking good and have it not need a repair later due to shoddy work.
after hammering and dollying what I would and sanding very well. I filled in the big holes with welding and sanded some more I got it very close to flat. I wiped down the top of the door with acetone and laid down a layer of bondo. its still not what I would call a healthy layer, still rather thin. This is the results of one sanding.
Now I have a dilemma. The bottom of the door needs new sheet metal, but is on the edge of what would be a new panel or a rather large dose of bondo and more dolly work in a spot I can barely get to inside the door. I'll let it sit for a day or so and decide which is the result I will be satisfied with.

Here is the discussion you need to have with your self. Because no matter who wants to monday morning quarter back your project its you at the end of the day that needs to be happy.
Do I want a show quality truck? Do I have the skills necessary to garner the highest quality workmanship? Will I be bashing my head against a wall for weeks wondering if I will ever get what I aim for? Or do I want a driver that is a very nice 20 footer? will anyone be able to see an error in skill or judgement? Does it matter one flipping bit? shoot for the bulls-eye and hit the paper? whats best for you to be happy. Take it to a repair shop so you don't have to worry about it any more? ITS UP TO YOU! ARE YOU HAPPY? that's all that matters.
Attached Images