View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #25
racecougar

Re: Bringing the '65 back to life

Work has continued over the past few weekends, but there hasn't been much worth posting pictures of. Lots of time spent getting the panels to fit correctly. The only piece thus far that has been way off was the rear cab support. I ended up having to narrow it and rework the outer angle to match the original and fit up to the floor and rear pillar correctly.

As of today, the cab supports, floor pans, door pillars, and kickpanel are in. The rocker panel has been fit, but has yet to be installed. As long as I get time next weekend, I should finish up a few plug welds on the long floor support brace, move on to finishing up the kickpanel, then hopefully get the rocker installed. After that, it's time to do the cab corner, finish up my seam welds, and get started on the driverside.

Here are a few pictures from today:

In other news, I got engaged last Friday (March 1st)! The truck now has a "running/driving" deadline of December 2014, as I'd really like it to be present at my wedding (provided that the weather cooperates on that particular day).