View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #93
clinebarger

Re: 700R4 build thread.

Lets finish up the pump.

Remove the snap ring holding the TV Boost Valve, Reverse Boost Valve, PR Spring & PR Valve.

Measure the diameter of the TV Boost Valve, .422" is the Minimum Diameter I recommend on a V8 700R4, I prefer a .471" for mild builds, .490" for hotter builds. .500" Boost Valve are available as well. If reusing the stock valve, Check for wear between the Valve & Bushing.

The Low-Reverse Boost Valve is next, If you back heavy trailers or Manual shift a lot, Consider a larger Diameter Reverse Boost Valve. If reusing, Check for wear between Valve & Bushing.

Pressure Regulator Spring (PR Spring) lose tension over so many hundreds of thousands of cycles, REPLACE, TransGo "Green" PR spring is good, Sonnax 77917-08 is good as well.

Pressure Regulator Valve (PR Valve). Grind Land Flush with Spool as shown below, This helps with "PR Buzz" & increases lube flow. If the Valve has 2 Flats machined on the land, This is not 100% necessary, Though I do it anyway.

Clean bore & Line-up & reinstall, The Snap Ring has a rounded side & a Flat side, Install Flat side UP...Away from TV Boost Bushing.
Attached Images

clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote