View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #70
noonzor

Re: 69 c10 -- first project!!

so im not too effin happy, took my ballistic joints in cuz they sat too wide for my pb trailing arm crossmember (note to those looking to do this if you have the pb crossmember its just barely too wide). also asked them if they had the DOM tube to be threaded to accept the joint, said they did, i asked them to call me with a quote before working on it and they said no problem.
soo....they neglected to call with the quote i asked for. And today, after getting the call that everything was done, i went to pick them up they showed me my $630 bill for cost of material and 5hrs of total machine time........ because rather then using the dom i asked for they machined blocks of steel into thicker wall tube saying that its better and stronger...... so after 20minutes of exchanging persuasive curse-filled conversation with the guy i put $50 on the table and told them to go eff themselves and walked out with just my machined joints.

dont get me wrong the pieces they made were very nice and looked awesome, but i didnt need 1" wall tube......

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=360622

Last edited by noonzor; 03-23-2010 at 12:56 AM.
noonzor is offline   Reply With Quote