View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 09:24 PM   #48
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spf79 View Post
Spending some quality time today dinking with brake lines and bolting together the engine and transmission crossmembers. I'm kind of in a holding pattern till I get a hand installing gears in the axle housings. I prefer to have someone with more knowledge than I double check my work. Win Win right? I get to learn something new and my expensive parts get installed correctly. Yes! Unfortunately the old man's buddy that offered to help just had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands. Apparently it is not very fun to get old.

Question,

Did you have a a fair amount of tweaking to do on the rear axle brake lines? Mine will fit, I'm just curious if you had to do the same when fitting them? I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, so I'm just checking.

I also realized that the front brake lines will need a fair amount of massaging since the front crossmember is from a 73 or later truck. Lol. Look at the pic as I was taking it apart. I thought the front crossmember brake lines looked a little funky. I wonder what the PO thought when they put this together.
Update... the rear end lines are perfect. It is the extra capacity cover that will make me have to bend the driver side rear line. Happy camper! See pick, I will have to bend the line so that it comes across the top and not across the cover.
Attached Images