View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 08:43 PM   #19
Walter White

Re: Realistic Values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtjk View Post
It's braced now but I didn't think of it at the time.... It caused some problems at first but was easy to overcome... As I was doing the driver's side i was having trouble fitting up the floor patch and thought it was just a poor reproduction. Then I noticed​ the top of the door rubbing the windshield frame and I realized what had happened.... At that point I was thinking to myself "damn I f***ed up" but I got it straightened back out by jacking up under the body just behind the firewall which allowed the windshield to roll forward. That corrected the door gap and made the floor patch fit much better. After put the bolts in at the bottom of the A pillar it held itself where it needed to be.
PO did the metal work on my 72. drivers side is right on--passenger side gaps are screwy and the hardtop has a little gap to the bedside near the door.

one of these days when i tear into my 70, I'm going to great pains to keep alignment. seems like it should be braced up with top on, new mounts and a lotta tack welding
good looking work and progress you have going
Walter White is offline   Reply With Quote