View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
rcbildr

Re: Got a story of a car you "loved and lost" or sold? Or found ... years later?

I had a 64 Chevy II Nova when I was in high school. I bought it when I was 13 yrs old with money I had earned from picking fruit in the orchards...paid $300 for it. My mom and I would jokingly fight over who got to drive the car...it was the only one we had where she could move the seat up enough to reach the pedals and still see over the steering wheel. I bought it with a nice interior, then I saved up and put a decent paint job on it but didn't do anything to the engine and trans. It was a 194 L6/powerglide 5 lug car. I traded it in on an 89 pontiac grand prix when I was 20....it set the record for most original miles on a trade in at the dealership...somethin like 284K. At the time I was really disenchanted with the car because it had just been in a fender bender (I lost control on ice and messed up the passenger front corner a bit) and I found the lower quarters were rusting thru. To this day I still kick myself for getting rid of that car and am determined to find a replacement here soon.
1967 Suburban 1/2ton 2wd

My Girlfriends Projects
1985 Chevy Suburban 3/4ton 4x4 with 6.2L diesel, 4" lift, converted to TH-400, Warn Premium manual hubs, & Wildcat 315/75/R16 tires. (daily driver)
1978 Camaro Type LT with a Marine 350 & vortec heads, Rochester Carb, & roller cam
1978 Camaro Z28
rcbildr is offline   Reply With Quote