Thread: 47-55.1 cable drive fuel pump.
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 09:58 AM   #5
mick53

Re: cable drive fuel pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Electric pump will shut off with the engine if you wire it with an oil pressure switch that cuts off when the oil pressure drops. You have to have a bypass switch to start it and build oil pressure but they are pretty common on race motors.

Your dime and your Bubba points as far as the cable drive fuel pump goes. You have never once asked about the cheap way out on anything going first boat on all of it so the price difference isn't a consideration I'd think. What I don't like to see is the exact opposite where a guy states or implies that the budget is tight and is looking for economical options and guys throw out their high dollar dream items.

Do what you want to with it and I'll put it on my bucket list to some day drive my 48 with the 292 that is a whole lot milder to where you are racing that unit just to sit, watch and marvel.
Thank you. I know I get a little crazy with stuff. I'm not a rich man but I have waited close to 40 years to build my "dream truck". I started a truck fund about 25 years ago putting in a few bucks here and there. I have put off my retirement for 2 years now and almost all my income goes into the truck. I have so many memories in that truck over the last 40 years. I plan on driving the wheels off it.
mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote