View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 09:17 PM   #46
franken

Re: My nv4500 swap then doubler ol' black

Great thread.
I I've been collecting parts to do about the same for my `72. I have a `96 4500, Duffy planetary box, and round pattern 205.
I parted a suburban I got from a prepper to get the 205, iron tailhousing, AA bellhousing, the TC, driveshafts, pedal setup, hydraulic clutch bits, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, crossmember, etc. The best part--I sold the rest for $700 more than I paid. The worst--the flywheel is counterweighted, which says the engine had a 400 crank. I'm a moron.
I swapped the long 32 spline input on the 205 for a new shot one for the cost of shipping with a pirate person.
I also flipped a broken 4500 for $300 parts money in a few day for grins.
I paid 600 for the trans, and 600 for the box and got 1000 for the part out and trans flip.
Anyway, I have the bits to convert less the cut/lengthened driveshafts money for a hundred.

Now I need a trans jack and ambition. After that I'll nuke an axle and have to go to tons.

To the OP, I'd be interested in lots of pics and/or talk about the PTO winches and setup. I have a 12k Ramsey in the garage I don't know what to do with...
franken is offline   Reply With Quote