View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #14
Scotts Elle

Re: New video of my C10

Ha! Yeah. We moved from Colorado to Oklahoma. The landscape was a downgrade for sure.

Drones are getting much better. They are much quieter and way more advanced. The complex shots are automated now. Like the aerial circle around the truck was automated and the following shot down the road was automated (mostly). It takes a ton of practice to manually capture shots (like the train). My first drone shots are so bad. It also is very expensive when you crash these drones... don't ask me how I know. So practice!

I get the ignorant use of them... The biggest thing for me is to be aware of who is around. Don't be a nozzle and fly it at a park with a ton of people around, over major free ways, etc. No one likes the buzzing sound so get the drone over 200ft so you can't hear it. Also, don't be afraid to ask land owners to fly over just so you can get a shot. I have never had any of anyone say no and they are always grateful when you email them the footage of their property. As long as your aware of who is around and act like your a guest (even if your on public land) no one has even had issues with it.
Scotts Elle is offline   Reply With Quote