View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #38
JennCat

Re: Testing Windshield Wiper Motors

Thanks for the link, LockDoc. It looks like the thing I have been wanting but recently my time has been consumed with so many other things it may be a little while before I fit one iota (is that a word?) of more part replacement. Right now its a mad race with the warm weather and short days to get everything done that need done immediately.

Turns out that my wiper motor works just fine. However, while it was apart I couldn't resist screwing with the washer motor (had to figure out how that ratcheting pawl worked) and I think I may has put it back together in a position different than it should be. I bought a little rebuild kit and rebuilt it (the washer mechanism) and while in there I just had to know what made that ratchet mechanism stop and go. So, I discovered the if I push the piston down against its spring, the rachet mechanism will move to various positions. Neat!

But now that my friend has re-installed the wiper motor, the washer doesnt seem to draw fluid.

Does anyone know if there is a particular position that mechanism must be in to start properly? Maybe I should put a multimeter on the switch and check for juice.
JennCat is offline   Reply With Quote