View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #3
Brad
Out of the carpool lane.

Re: 250 Inline 6 Performance Build Q's---Hello Brad---

Why are you wanting to rebuild the 250? Unless something is drastically wrong, I'm betting you don't need to. As far as the price of the kit, I really couldn't tell you if that's a good deal or not. I think all their other stuff is overpriced so it wouldn't surprise me if that kit is as well. (In all fairness, I'm sure it's expensive running a business with a very limited market!)
I can tell the sentimental value of your truck and L6 is high and that's exactly why I'm trying to keep my Camaro all original. However, having said that, you'll get just as good if not better mileage, and of course performance, with that 5.3/4L60E combo than you ever will with the L6. There are many reasons for that.
With that being said, I'll be posting a complete writeup on installing a Camaro T5. I know I've said that in the past, but all I need to do is get the pics posted in the proper order and I'm still working with Liz to do that.

1968 C-10 SWB, 5.7 Vortec/700R4/3.73 posi, Torch Red
1968 Camaro, 250/Powerglide, all original (No, I'm not gonna drop a 350 in it!...Jeez!)
2000 Honda VFR in the faster yellow!
2008 Husqvarna TE-610

1967 C-10 SWB 'Six Appeal'-Gone but not forgotten...

Brad is offline   Reply With Quote