View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 04:53 PM   #1378
oldman3

Re: My 50 roadster pickup build

Hey everyone, well it's been 3 months since I've been layed up. Time for a little update.

After 4 sets of X-rays, 2 MRI's, blood work, etc., I've got a few answers. Shooting pains going down my left leg was from inflammation pinching off my root nerve to the left side. It was pinched between L4 and L5 in the lower back. Inflammation was cause by Sciatica, piriformis muscles and bursitis in the hip, that flared up at the same time (go figure).

Had to use a walker for about 6 or 7 weeks, then to a cane. Still using the cane a little. For what reason we don't know, but I've lost a lot of strength in my left leg. I've got leg and back exercises I do everyday.

My back doctor said my back looked the same as when I had back surgery in 2015, so no need for surgery. He said for a 72 year old guy, my back was in good shape.

One thing I've learned through all this, is I know more about this area that I did. A search on the inter-net shows pics of everything that the doctors said went wrong. I've also learned to pace myself, can't do things like I did when I was 50, or late 60's either.

Haven't touched the truck since this started, but hope to get to do some small things a little at a time. Keep you posted...Jim

Last edited by oldman3; 04-05-2018 at 06:57 PM.
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote