View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 02:07 PM   #21
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: 72 C10 - BBC vs. LS - What would you do?

Old school is fine and it's a cool ride but if you drive your truck on a regular basis on 2000 mile long trips like I do you want like paying for the gas you use, I will tell you that!

Back in the old days gas was .50 cents a gallon so it didn't matter but at today prices I'll take the LS over a BB any day.
The gauges in my truck are all regular gauges. They where in my truck before the LS swap nothing changed except I added a oil line tee to install the ecu pick up. The GPS speedometer was also added. The other gauges where left alone. This is why I have the scan gauge 2 to read the vitals if I need it.
I can also say you never ran a BB for more than 200 miles on a tank of gas and that is pushing it to. I filled up in Yazoo City Mississippi and din't stop for gas until Liberty SC almost 9 hrs straight of driving time. That's with a 42 gallon tank. It saved us at least 2 hrs of stopping time on our trip for gas stops. We did stop for lunch though.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote