View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
robnolimit

No Limit '72 C-10

Here it is guys, The 'Berdoo Bomber, our shop truck C-10 builder. I'll be putting up the updates as they come, and what our thoughts are. This was a Ebay find, we paid 2160 for this diamond in the rough. The good side is that its a short/fleet, and it runs & drives. The bad is, well, it needs some TLC, has some rust in the rockers, and the sweet 70's sunroof. (gotta go) It's 5 lug, which is nice. And, all in all, it's pretty straight. The bucket seats are probably leaving, as is the soft bed cover. It has a 350 with a gear drive, and a truck 4 speed. I am already on the hunt for a 5.3 vortec and L465 auto to put in.
The plan is to put together a fun and spirited driver. It must be able to tow our small inclosed trailer (20ft) it ways about 6k loaded. 4 whl discs are a must, and right now were thinking about air ride on the rear, and spring on the front. I thought at first it might have drop spindles, but no such luck, heated springs. We're trying to stay away from the big $$, so this will be a home built style, but if we decide that the upcoming fab work is to intense, we'll go with bolt-on parts. Since its a driver, we'll let you know the results of each step, as well as taking it out our local test track and running time-attacks to chart the performance gains. Right now it needs a battery, so thats the first thing. then off to the DMV for reg. We'll keep you posted.
Attached Images

robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote